Saturday, August 12, 2017

Peculiar

Yesterday I stumbled upon something I couldn’t resist —the 100 word challenge.  The aim is to write something exactly 100 words long, and which has been inspired by a particular word. As the title implies, that word is “peculiar.”

These 100 words were inspired by the most peculiar person I know. (You know who you are, you little weirdo!)

She had a mane of wild hair littered with bits of leaves and twigs, and bare feet splattered with mud. Her eyes were wide, ecstatic, and she had a smile to match. I would have thought her a forest sprite if not for her jeans and T-shirt.
She reached out with a single finger and smeared a dab of sap on my nose. 
Apparently delighted at my confusion, she threw her head back and cackled. She disappeared back into the forest, leaving nothing behind but the stickiness on my nose and the sound of her mirth lingering among the leaves.



This flash fic was first posted on Things a Yeti Wouldn't Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment